Guard & Reserve Members

National Guard & Reserve Benefits

Additional Information on National Guard & Reserve

If you are attending a college you should contact the Veterans Certifying Official at the college for assitance in applying for VA Education Benefits. You may also contact the VA Education Department at (888-442-4551) to speak to an Education Benefit Counselor.

There are several different Education Assistance Programs available, eligibility is based on dates of active duty. For Veterans who qualify for more than one, should contact a Veterans Benefit Counselor at (888-442-4551) for all options to be reviewed to get the maximum benefit or contact the Iowa Department of Education at (515-281-3516 or 515-281-3317) for assistance.

For more information on Reserve or National Guard benefits, contact our office.