Immediate Release email@example.com
March 17, 2021
Weekly Joint Planning Team Vaccine update:
Due to continued limited vaccine distribution received in Winneshiek County, we continue to focus on the completion of the 65 year and older groups along with all the remaining Phase 1b Tier groups listed below. Winneshiek County continues to receive 300 first time doses a week.
On Monday, March 22 through April 5, 2021 we will open vaccine distribution to persons aged 40-64 years with chronic health conditions identified below.
Winneshiek County Public Health (WCPH)
- Call 563-382-4662, if you are age 65 years and older to have your name added to our list.
- If you are age 40-64 years of age with chronic health conditions without a primary medical provider or pharmacy, call 563-382-4662.
- WCPH is working on completing the different Phase 1b Tiers listed below.
Winneshiek Medical Center (WMC)
We are currently receiving 100 prime (first dose) and 100 booster doses each week.
- People age 65+ who want to receive the vaccine at Winneshiek Medical Center can call us at 563-382-2911 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday- Friday to be added to our vaccine waiting list. As we receive vaccine supply from Iowa Department of Public Health, we will call people from this list to set up a vaccine appointment.
- This waiting list is for first dose vaccines only. If you have received your first dose vaccine through WMC, we will call you to schedule the second dose.
- Note: If you are on our vaccine list, but in the meantime receive the vaccine from another facility, please notify us of this change by phone or MyChart so we can remove you from our list.
- Beginning Monday, March 22, we will start taking names for people ages 40+ to be added to our waiting list. Call us at 563-382-2911 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday- Friday.
Gundersen Health Systems
- All 100 doses of vaccine that we received this week have been administered.
- We did not receive any booster vaccine, so all patients who were originally scheduled for a booster vaccine this week have been cancelled. We will reschedule when we receive more booster vaccine.
- Gundersen Health System is now starting to open the scheduling system to patients 64 and under with conditions. Those notification are slowly starting to go out through MyChart and via letter.
- Due to very limited supply of doses per week here in the Decorah clinic, availability will be very low as we are still trying to schedule people over 65.
Mass Vaccination Clinic Information Below
March 27, 2021 – 1st Dose
April 17, 2021 – 2nd Dose
- Donlon Pharmacy will be receiving a shipment of the Pfizer vaccine and is planning a community COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Saturday March 27, 2021 at the Decorah Middle School.
- Patients must be available to also receive their 2nd dose on April 17, 2021.
- This clinic will be on an appointment-only basis. No walk-ins are allowed.
- A scheduling link will be shared on com. Refer to times below for when the schedule will be unlocked and open for use. Patients who are unable to schedule online may call (563) 382-3929 AFTER the times outlined below. No appointment requests will be accepted before these times. Please be patient with staff as many calls will be coming into the pharmacy.
- Friday March 19, 2021 at 10:00 AM: Appointments will be available to patients age 65 and older.
- Tuesday March 23, 2021 at 10:00 AM: Remaining appointments will be opened to patients age 16-64 with one of the 20 underlying medical conditions outlined by the Iowa Department of Public Health and the CDC (see below).
- Partnering with state and federal agencies as we await allocations.
- Building a new digital scheduling tool to make appointments easy.
- Stay up to date on how Walmart and Sam’s Club are supporting the vaccine rollout, visit corporate website walmart.com/covidvaccine.
- Currently does not have any vaccine available.
Thrifty White Pharmacy
- Thrifty White Pharmacy’s website thriftywhite.com has the option to get notified of any appointment openings by clicking on the Join Our Notification Waiting List button.
- The patient needs to complete the required information and selects a pharmacy location where they would like to receive their vaccination, and then accepts authorization for Thrifty White Pharmacy to contact them.
- If a couple has a joint email address, only one of them can sign up on the Notification Wait List. Once they receive notification of available appointments, they will be able to schedule appointments for both people.
- Currently does not have any vaccine available.
IDPH and CDC Guidelines for Persons Eligible to Receive a COVID-19 Vaccination:
Phase 1b Tiers
PK-12 school staff, early childhood education, and childcare workers
Food, agriculture, distribution and manufacturing workers who work in or live in congregate settings that do not allow for social distancing
Individuals with disabilities living in home settings and their direct care staff
Staff of and individuals living in congregate settings (does not include college dormitories)
Government officials to ensure continuity of government including staff, engaged in state business at the Iowa Capitol during the legislative session
Inspectors responsible for hospital, long-term care, and child safety
Correctional facility staff and individuals incarcerated
𝗣𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝟭𝗯 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱
*Persons 16-64 years old with chronic health conditions are eligible to receive the vaccine. These conditions are:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Overweight (BMI > 25 kg/m2, but < 30 kg/m2)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus